A rewarding even time roster (7/7) opportunity currently exists for a Geotechnical Engineer to join the Kestrel Coal Resources team based in Emerald. Reporting to the Geotechnical Superintendent, key accountabilities include but not limited to the following:
• Apply and monitor the strata management plan;
• Data collation to improve the geological model and accuracies;
• Produce accurate and timely geotechnical data collection, collation and interpretation: mapping, validation and reporting;
• Provide geotechnical input into the mine planning process in a timely and accurate manner to agreed geotechnical, statutory, economic and operational parameters
• Assist with planning and coordination of resources within area of responsibility;
• Provide advice and support with monitoring programs for strata support;
• Undertake strata management auditing and report any non-compliance to statutory persons at the mine;
• Provide technical advice in relation to critical risks;
• Provide advice and support to site operational and technical services teams on geotechnical risks;
• Maintain Geotechnical Instrumentation;
• Prepare technical reports for use by operational, maintenance and management personnel;
• Provide information to technical services and other internal staff as required;
• Undertake reviews and inspections as may be necessary to ensure that plans and projects are carried out safely and in accordance with plans;
• Maintain systems and records of geotechnical information;
• Provide advice and support with training to mine personnel on strata management issues;
• Work with stakeholders to comply with environment permits and licences, cultural heritage etc.;
• Provide advice and support with drilling to schedule fault delineation programs;
• Lead by example, actively promote, and ensure compliance with site standards and procedures;
• Apply risk management principles to all on-site activities;
• Routinely participate in departmental audits, observations and safety inspections to demonstrate commitment to monitoring and reviewing processes;
• Apply and monitor plans to coordinate day to day activities within the department to achieve forecast targets;
• Provide advice and support with procedures and training of coal mine workers trained in their use.
Applicants shall possess the following technical, interpersonal skills, knowledge and qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Qualifications in Geotechnical Engineering from a recognised Educational institute.
• Graduate Diploma of Coal Mine Strata Control.
• Demonstrated experience in providing geotechnical support to underground coal mining operations.
• Minimum 3+ year’s underground coal mining experience.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• RIIRIS40D Carry out the Risk Management Process (mandatory)
• RIIRIS301D Apply Risk Management Processes (mandatory)
• RIIWHS301D Conduct Safety and Health Investigations (mandatory)
• RIICOM301D Communicate Information (mandatory)
• RIIMCU606D unit of competency (desirable).
• Fully competent in the use of mining software such as AutoCAD, ALTS 2009, AMCMRR, FOS Calculator, ADFRS.
What we offer our employees:
As a permanent opportunity, the successful applicant will be offered an attractive remuneration package, performance/business based incentives, relocation assistance as required, subsidised housing and private health insurance benefits. Applications close 23rd January 2020.
Kestrel Coal Resources is committed to building a partnership with our people through establishing and maintaining a high performance culture based on our values, people management and personal development framework. We are committed to workplace diversity and strongly encourage female and indigenous applicants to apply. Please note a medical and background checks forms part of our recruitment process.