We recognise our responsibility and are committed to proactive environmental management, because we care about our legacy and future generations. Over 96% of our mining areas are operated as a productive cattle farm while we mine below.
For our environment management at Kestrel we:
- Operate a low disturbance footprint: our infrastructure areas cover only 4% of our tenements, with remaining areas impacted with subtle subsidence at surface.
- Minimise disturbance to land and progressively rehabilitate throughout mine life: 60% of our mining footprint is established rehabilitation, with 571ha as certified rehabilitation.
- Manage tailings to the Global Industry Standard on Tailings Management (GISTM), and ensure quality of management in construction, operation and closure.
- Actively look to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Continuously improve energy efficiency and waste management
- Support biodiversity and land management.
- Contain and minimise potential environment harm and pollution sources
- Implement effective risk management processes and systems
Key components of Environmental management are: