The Kestrel Preparation Plant has been in place for over 20 years, recent major overhauls of the plant have included upgrades to the processing systems and most recently to the disposal system.
- Run of Mine coal from Kestrel Underground is transferred to the surface processing facility at Kestrel North via 8kms of overland conveyor.
- The Kestrel North processing facility is a dual-module, with circuit’s consisting of dense medium bath, dense medium cyclones, and flotation.
- Metallurgical and high ash coking coal product is produced after final processing and is then railed to Gladstone,
- Newly established dry disposal plant deals with the refuge product from the plant allowing for easy storage.
- The surface facility processed 7.1M tonnes of export coal in 2019.